Is Chiropractic Safe?
Chiropractic is recognized as the safest, drug free therapy available. Many patients feel immediate relief following the chiropractic adjustment, but some may experience mild soreness or stiffness like they do after some forms of exercise.
How does Chiropractic Help?
Chiropractic works by restoring your body’s inborn ability to be healthy. All of the cells, tissues and organs of your body are designed to resist disease and ill health. Here’s how it works:
The skull and spine houses the communication and control system of the body, the brain and nerve system, which is responsible for the transmission of the nerve impulses (communication) to and from the brain. This free flow of nerve impulses is necessary for the body to function normally (good health). Chiropractic, through a procedure called an adjustment, helps restore misaligned vertebrae to a more normal position, restoring the free flow of nerve communication.
How do spinal misalignments occur?
There are three basic causes of spinal misalignment:
- Physical: accidents, injuries, slips, falls, lack of exercise, repetitive motions, improper lifting.
- Chemical: drugs, air and water pollution, environmental exposures, a poor diet.
- Emotional: strong feelings of grief, anger or fear.
How long until I feel better?
While some patient’s experience almost instant relief while others discover it can take a few weeks (joint, muscle, nerve condition) to a few months (systemic problem). Many factors can affect the healing process:
- How long you have had the problem
- Are you getting the proper rest, nutrition and exercise
- Are you keeping your appointments
Many patients who complete the initial care and reach stabilization only come in 3-4 times a year to maintain the progress they have made.